Global Com was incorporated in September of 1996. Our main operations center is in Sterling, Virginia and our government relations office is in Arlington, VA. We are a premium-quality contractor that has been providing network cabling services to government and civilian agencies for more than two decades. The majority of our engineers are highly skilled, maintain multiple industry certifications, and have the clearance levels required to perform on our many government contracts. All of our structured cabling system technicians are BICSI trained and we employ several RCDDs. Our areas of expertise include structured cabling systems, procurement, installation and maintenance of active IT infrastructure, and the professional services need to help you navigate the complex path to defining your requirements, designing your systems, and transitioning onto and maintaining them.
Our executive leadership team members are industry experts with significant past performance that includes:
- Over thirty-three years of industry experience in the telecommunications field working with many of the most influential firms in the industry
- Expertise in compliance with government contracts and maintaining the financial relationships with our vendors, subcontractors and financial institutions.
- Successful execution on significant contracts with GSA, DHS, DoD, and USDA, and Dept. of Commerce with a keen focus on driving internal GCI processes to meet or exceed the needs of our customers.
- Over 23 years of integration experience with Large System Integrators (LSI’s) in lead engineering/architect roles on large IT construction programs such as the Pentagon Renovation Program (PENREN), National Geospatial Agency’s (NGA) New Campus East (NCE) and Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Technology Integration Program (TIP), among others.
- Over 18 years of experience in the design, installation, and maintenance of structured cabling systems installation needed to support voice, data and video communications equipment.
- Operational responsibility for multiple, concurrent technical teams with over (22) twenty-two years of experience in a variety of roles including installation, project management and operations.
We are a BISCI corporate member and authorized BICSI training center and have established relationships with most of the major manufacturers in our industry. Though the bulk of Global Com’s work is performed in the greater Washington DC metro area, we have completed jobs all over the United States – anyplace our customers need us. We have even installed cabling aboard an aircraft carrier for the Navy.